Friday, August 3, 2012

Ignorance is Ingnorance even if its only hair...

History was made in the 2012 Olympics, Gabby Douglas became the first African American to win the gold medal in the all around for gymnastics. I am very happy that she won but I am saddened and upset with the ignorance I am seeing online. I usually do not play into ignorance but it saddens me when it is coming from our own race. This young lady made history and now her accomplishment is being over shadowed by comments about her hair. It is obvious because I am seeing it every where online and I felt compelled to write about. So who ever the "hater" is who started this you are getting what you wanted. This shows some of the mentality of the black community and why we can not move forward. I don't think that only a certain group of people are ignorant, I believe that ignorance is found in every race, nationality, etc. But as black people we have to deal with enough from other races why would we pour salt onto one another. I will never understand it but I guess that is human nature in the form of jealousy. There really wasn't anything else they could say so they decide to pick on what they could and everyone ran with it. Congrats Gabby and please don't let the nay-sayers steal your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment