Friday, October 7, 2011

Friends with Benefits

I hear that term thrown around so much all the time these days. Not sure who came up with the concept but if I had to guess I would say a man lol! But exactly what are FWB and are you in one right now. My understanding is that you get all the "benefits" of a relationship with out actually being in a relationship or committed to that other person, no strings attached. I take it as you guys go out together, dinner, movies or etc. and "hook up" to have sex every now and again. In essence, isn't that what most people do when they first meet? There is not a commitment, you are getting to know each other a little more, sounds like dating to me. But everyone gets caught up in labels and titles. I guess if you start off as FWB then there are no expections to grow into a relationship with the other person, you can keep your options open, but isn't that like dating? I am not sure what the difference is, but it can be construed as the same thing. But here is one important factor to think about, if you have a FWB situation and you never go out and the only time he/she calls is to "hook up" then you are not in a FWB you are a booty call. I think in this day in age everyone has experienced this type if situation rather you admit it or not. I am not going to judge anyone, but if both parties are consenting to the situation then go for it. Unfortunately, over time I believe one of the parties feelings are going to get invested and they may want a relationship with this person. But, since the FWB status was established up front; can you ever get out of the "friend" zone and move towards a committed relationship; and my other question is do you still have a friendship when the "benefits" are gone? In a FWB situation are you REALLY friends or just a hollerback girl/guy? I don't know, share you thoughts....

No comments:

Post a Comment