Thursday, May 24, 2012

Obama, you are making this hard for me

Recently Obama stated that same sex couples should be allowed to be married. I was in disbelief and I am still trying to digest his comment. First, let me say I do not hate anyone but I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle. I am a christian and it goes against everything I believe in. As I receive emails from Obama's campaign asking for donations, I find myself struggling to support him. I am struggling between my political views and religious beliefs. What happened to the separation of church and state? I have never experienced this type of conflict as a registered voter. Now I am not sure. Well I am kind of sure but doing what I know is right is disappointing. Obviously I will follow God before Obama, but I feel obligated to vote for someone. As an African American people have died, marched and fought so I can have this right. But, Jesus died for me too. See where I am going with this? I really don't want Romney for president but how can I support a president who is for something I don't believe in. I am thinking of bowing out of this election, better yet I'll just pray about it. Please share you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment